Thursday, January 23, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #61


Welcome to Week 61 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by Julie Day:



I went pretty literal with this one and used a new (to me) CASual Fridays stamp.  I am also really loving these Avery Elle sentiments.  That font is so fun!  How will you interpret the sketch?  Will you go literal or will it send you off in a wild direction?  Either way I can't wait to see!  Before you start though be sure and check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the design team - you won't be disappointed!  



Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Strawberry Slush, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Trees from Calm & Gentle) Cas-ual Fridays, (Sentiment from Oh Happy Day) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar) Stampin' Up, (Green Hills) Hero Arts
Dies:  (Stitched Squares) Lil' Inker Designs, (Nesties Classic Squares Large) Spellbinders
Embossing Plate:  (Linen & Canvas) Papertrey Ink
Glitter:  (Fruit Punch Stickles) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections

15 comments:

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card! Love the trees and colors. :)

Julia Aston said...

What a great tree Jen! love the font on your sentiment!

Gillian R said...

Love that tree Jen. The leaves look fab

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great colors on your card. This sketch has those rusty wheels in my head turning!

Lynn said...

Stop with those fonts already! :) I love your card...fabulous layered stamping!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card, Jen! Great take on the sketch!

Joyce said...

I love your literal take on the sketch. I can't wait to play with this one. I even have an SU stamp that looks just like the image in the sketch.

Bobby said...

I haven't decided whether to go literal or not but I sure like what you did with the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Looks so lovely Jen! :) Love the tree and I guess the apples as well ;)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Oh this is so beautiful! Love the Bokeh effect with the apples and the font of that sentiment...wow!

Lisa Petrella said...

Oooo...I love how you inked up that tree!!! And the fonts of those Avery Elle sentiments are FABULOUS! I really NEED to get me some Avery Elle soon!!!

Lindsey said...

So pretty! What great colours to pick. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Bright & cheery! I LOVE that sentiment font, and the perfect teeny gems :)

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the stamping :)

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the look of the multi-colored leaves on the tree. A perfect interpretation of the sketch.